The original Mi Band 3 and the Mi Band 2 turned out into genuine success stories of how fitness bands should be designed. Xiaomi stayed true to its core valued. They delivered a fitness band that could do what most other products in its category could do but for a much lower price tag. Things got even better with the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 as the technology used gotten better while the low price tag remained almost the same.
Xiaomi Mi Band 2 V.S. Xiaomi Mi Band 3
The second generation of the Xiaomi Mi Band did fix a lot of issues and brought various improvements, but the newest iteration takes things even further. To get a better glimpse of how they compare to each other, here are the most significant differences:
– Screen size. The Mi Band 2 has a small 0.42-inch display. Mi Band 3, on the other hand, uses a large 0.78-inch screen. While still small, the 0.78-inch screen makes it much easier to read information and can display more lines of text at the same time.
– Water protection. The Mi Band 3 has better protection and waterproofing so it is the better choice for swimmers as the 2nd generation cannot be submerged underwater without damaging it.
– Upgraded Bluetooth connectivity. While the Mi Band 2 worked decently, the Mi Band 3 went for the upgraded Bluetooth 4.2 standard which offers a more reliable connection to smartphones.
– Design. Both bands look almost identical. What can set them apart is maybe the screen size.
– Price. As expected, the Xiaomi Mi band 3 is a bit more expensive, but it remains an inexpensive fitness tracker.
– Improved sensor accuracy. Xiaomi tuned the sensors a bit, and now they offer more accurate measurements on the Mi Band 3.
Yay or Nay?
At the end of it, all only one question matters: Is it worth spending money on?
Most major brands have a bad habit of releasing more of the same product but with some design adjustments. The changes are made mostly to the shell. Xiaomi does appear to have invested some degree of effort into making their latest fitness band an upgraded version of the previous iteration.
Using better sensors with improved accuracy is something that even the average user will notice. The biggest and most notable change is the upgraded display. While still small, the larger size makes it more user-friendly and easier to read. Compatibility with newer devices is also there, and Bluetooth 4.2 support makes it a much more reliable gadget. Overall, the list of supported features, reliability and low price tag, make the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 a great option for the ones that do not want to overpay for a tiny piece of tech which in most cases is unjustifiably expensive. The Mi Band 3 offers great value for money, and most importantly, it works great and offers improved accuracy and tracking features. For more detailed information about them, please go to Banggood.